Friday, April 30, 2010

Tomorrow's the Big Day!

So the months of training are coming to their "climax" tomorrow! I can say that I am a little nervous, but mostly excited to get going tomorrow. I hope for the serenity of the Buddha, the strength of Thor, the speed of Mercury and the patience of Job. I have laid out a strategy for the day and I think I'll be able to be successful. I will let you know how it all goes as I write about each stage of my strategy next week.

Adam’s Marathon Strategy:

5:00 AM – short stack of pancakes and coffee

6:15 AM – Get to race area

7:00 AM – Drop off Gear

7:30 AM – Race Start – set out with 4:00:00 group

7:50 – 8:00 AM – Reach Downtown Urbana (Main between Race and Vine) (Mile 3) (R&C Photo?)

First tough stretch through Stone Creek Golf Club

8:45 – 9:00 AM – Meadowbrook Park (CK Photo) (Mile 9.5 at the corner of Race and Windsor) take first Energy Gel and first Gatorade

Half Marathon at Green and First – Shoot for right at 9:30 or a little earlier (remember short strides, use upper body)

9:40 AM – West Side Park (Mile 14 on Church Street Side) (R&C Photo)

9:50 AM – Eisner Park – Gatorade and Energy Gel

10:15 AM – Crescent and Sangamon – Take first carried (3rd overall) Energy Gel at Mile 18

10:23 AM – Gatorade at Kirby and Duncan (Mile 19)

Keep focus through Maynard Lake – Imagine this 4 mile stretch to be the worst – Take Gatorade and Energy Gel at Mile 21, Gatorade at Mile 22

10:55 AM – Take second carried (5th overall) Energy Gel along with Gatorade at 23.25

11:04 AM – Gatorade at Country Club corner

11:14 AM – Gatorade at Mile 25 – Start Sprint all the way home (CK Photo at Elm and Hessel)

11:25 AM – FINISH in Stadium

Adam to West Stands/Great Hall to pick up gear and some food

12:00 Noon – meet family in East stands, south of 50 yard line

Beer at 1:00 PM

Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment